The kidlets can make these without too much fuss. It is helpful to have envelopes or baggies for the little pieces, though.
Get the files here.
1. Write the number word. [three]
2. odd or even? [odd]
3. Write an addition equation and two subtraction equations that all equal the day's number. [2+1=3, 10-7=3, 100-97=3]
4. Draw the hour hand on the clock. [3 o'clock]
5. Draw tally marks. [ III --how do you make tally marks in this font???]
6. How many more days until the 12th day of Christmas? 
7. Draw a coin combination. [3 pennies]
8. Write a story problem where the answer is the day's number. [I had 8 pencils. I gave some to my friend. Now I have 5. How many pencils did I give to my friend? 3]