I thought it would be nice to have all the Words Their Way resources in one post. I'm also including a link to the sort sequences that I use to organize my binder.
Letter Name Alphabetic sorts
Within Word Pattern sorts
Syllables and Affixes sorts
At the bottom of each "unit" (?) I listed the games I use to reinforce those concepts. Some of the games are in our Etsy shop.
For the Letter/Name Alphabetic stage, we have:
- The R-Express (r blends)
- Welcome to the Neighborhood (short e,o,a word families)
- Cops & Robbers (short vowels)
- Terrific Teeth (ch, th, sh, wh)
- Reindeer Feed (short/long vowel sounds)
For the Within Word Pattern stage there's:
Syllables and Affixes:
- Ghosts in the Cemetery (sounds of c and g)
- Bonkers -- FREE DOWNLOAD --(review of vowel patterns in 1 syllable words)
- Smack Down -- FREE DOWNLAOD -- (vcv and vccv patterns)
I give this form for students to take the assessment.
And this form to record their scores.
I keep track of my groups in this book.
There's also a cover here.
Please see the NEWER POST about WTW that has all this information + much, much more!
Let me know if there's something you'd like to know more about or a part of Words Their Way you're struggling with. I'm by no means an expert, but I've been doing this long enough that maybe I have a tip or two.